Western values the commitment you are making to help university-bound students choose the right postsecondary institution. We hope this webpage is a useful resource for you when your students ask questions about Western University. If you require more information, please contact us.
Fall Preview Day
Sunday, November 12, 2017
March Break Open House
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Programs for High-Achieving Students
What's New at Western?
- More than 38,000 students
- 4,3000 international students from 127 countries around the world
- 1,200 students from Canadian provinces outside Ontario
The Western Guarantee
Western's Co-Curricular Record
Western's Co-Curricular Record
gives students an opportunity to showcase involvement outside the classroom by preparing an official document acknowledging participation. This document outlines the skills, competencies, and experiences developed in 10 core areas of development, including Career Preparation, Commitment to Learning Communication, Diversity, Engaging in the Arts, Global Awareness, Health and Wellness, Leadership, Self-Awareness and Social Responsibility. Learn more
Western Entrepreneurship is a vibrant ecosystem that marries unrivaled strengths of the university setting with the needs of the next generation of entrepreneurs. We offer experiential opportunities to enable our students to advance their ideas outside the traditional classroom (i.e., hackathons, startup summits, workshops, bootcamps, networking events, pitch competitions, etc.). We have also integrated entrepreneurial programming throughout our curriculum and across the campus at large – creating room for students to innovate, create and test prototypes. Learn more.
Faculty of Social Science
- New Honors Specialization in International Relations/HBA
- New Honors Specialization in Politics, Philosophy and Economics – Politics and Philosophy
- New Honors Specialization in Politics, Philosophy and Economics – Economics
Faculty of Science
- New Minor in Computer Hardware Design
- New Major and Honors Specialization in Data Science
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry and the Faculty of Science
- New Honors Specialization in Biochemistry and Cancer Biology
- New Subject Area of Physiology and Pharmacology
- Faculty of Health Sciences: New Honors Specialization Professional Kinesiology
- FIMS & Nursing Building: This new four-storey building occupies 130,000 square feet at the corner of Lambton and Huron drives, next to the Arthur and Sonia Labatt Health Sciences Building. FIMS and Nursing each occupy separate wings of the building. The structure is vaguely V-shaped with a courtyard in front and a ‘green roof,’ meaning the roof will be at least partially covered with plants. Learn more.
- Engineering Building: This new 100,000 sq. ft. building will transform how we deliver The Western Engineering Experience. Starting from the first year, the new building will be the practical and inspiring place where undergraduate students integrate classroom theory with hands-on learning as they design, build, test and refine ideas. Learn more.
- University College Renovations: We are currently renovating University College to house the 21st century academic experience. Classrooms will be outfitted with modern technology and student and community spaces will be given attractive new settings and improved connectivity. Learn more.
- Western Interdisciplinary Research Building (WIRB): This new 120,000-square-foot 7 storey building will be a focal point for leading-edge research. Once completed, the facility will serve as the new home for the Research Cluster for Cognitive Neuroscience, which will include the Brain & Mind Institute, and the Rotman Institute of Philosophy, as well as provide mixed-use general classroom spaces. Construction is expected to be completed in late 2017 / early 2018. Learn more.