Youth in Extended Care

Your tuition bill shouldn't be a barrier to achieve your academic goals.

If you grew up in the care of the Children's Aid Society, you may be eligible for bursary support to cover your tuition at Western.

For up to 20 students (5 each year for 4 years), we will cover:

  • Full tuition for up to 4 years of full-time studies at Western main campus
  • Ancillary fees for up to 4 years
  • Books & supplies for required courses to complete your degree

Steps to Apply 

  • Step 1: Apply to a first-entry undergraduate program at Western through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
  • Step 2: Fill out the Extended Society Care Youth Form before April 30 and include the supporting documentation:
    • (Required) A letter from the Children’s Aid Society confirming the length of time for which you were or have been in extended society care.
    • (Optional) You can share a bit more about your background and how we can best support you to be successful at Western.
  • Step 3: Complete an OSAP application for your academic year and submit all required supporting documents, including OSAP's Verification of Status with Ontario Children’s Aid Society form, if you are applying from Ontario. If you are applying from another province, complete that province's grant/loan application and relevant Children's Aid form. Make sure you read and understand all eligibility criteria.