The Scholar’s Electives program is ideal for students interested in academic enrichment through an interdisciplinary approach to undergraduate learning and who have the intention of pursuing higher education at the post-graduate/professional level. Up to 50 students are accepted to this highly competitive program each year.
As a Scholar’s Electives student, you are connected to an intimate network of like-minded peers with exclusive opportunities for academic enrichment including a first-year interdisciplinary course focused on critical analysis and independent research mentorship from top faculty in your upper years. This research mentorship has led our students to conferences, global internships, competitive fellowships and prestigious graduate programs around the world. In first year, students can also request to live on the Scholar’s Electives floor in residence, and have access to Connections, our upperyear peer mentorship program.
This scholarly community also engages in a myriad of events and extracurricular activities to support academic and person-service initiatives, and the distribution of Scholar’s Showcase and Purpology, a student-run magazine and blog.
1. You must have a final secondary school admission average of 90 per cent or higher, be involved in extracurricular activities and make significant contributions to your community.
2. You must apply and receive acceptance to one of the following participating Faculties/Programs:
3. You must submit a completed supplemental Scholar’s Electives Application form.
1. Access the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) website at: ouac.on.ca
2. Choose your program at Western.
3. Complete a supplemental Scholar’s Electives Application form by February 14, 2017. You can access the application online at: scholarselectives.uwo.ca