Prince Edward Island
If you are currently attending a Prince Edward Island secondary school, you must complete your secondary school diploma or certificate by June including each of the following to be considered for admission:
- Five acceptable academic courses at the grade 12 level
- English 621
- Prerequisites for your program as specified by Western
Applications should be submitted in the Fall prior to the year in which you are seeking admission. Your Self Reported Grade Form should be submitted as soon as you receive mid-year grades. If you are attending a secondary school outside Ontario, you are also eligible to fill out either the Special Consideration or the Extraordinary Extracurricular Activities & Contributions to Citizenship Profile.
Note: Some programs may require specific courses from out-of-province applicants to be eligible for enrollment. The Admission Recommendations and Requirements chart presents this information for each province in one document.
- All Grade 12 prerequisites must be completed.
- If a course has been taken more than once, the highest reported successful grade in the course will be used in the calculation of your admission average.
- Grades obtained through Challenge for Credit will not be used in the calculation of an admission average.
- Western’s Main Campus does not extend automatic alternate offers of admission. If you wish to be considered for more than one program, list each as a separate choice on the OUAC application form.
- Applicants attending high school after completing college and/or university courses must disclose this information on the application form, and submit official transcripts to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Upgrading in certain subjects, particularly Calculus, may be required during first-year to satisfy admission or progression requirements for specific programs.
Academic English 621
Advanced Algebra 611
Advanced Calculus 611
Advanced Chemistry 611
Advanced Political Studies 621
Any Advanced Placement 611 or 621 (AP)
Any International Baccalaureate (IB) except TOK
Any Language 621 or above
Computer Studies 621
Individual in Society 621
Introduction to Economics 621
Geography Global Issues 621
Canadian History 621
Prince Edward Island Historic Places 621
One additional Grade 12 Fine Arts or Music course may be used for applicants to Fine Arts (EAV) or Music (EM, EMA).
Note: This list is not exhaustive. If you have a question regarding the acceptability of a course for admission consideration, please contact the Admissions Office directly.