Transfer Credit, Articulation Agreements and Pathways for Canadian College Students
- If you are currently attending or have attended a certificate or diploma program at a college in Ontario, or at a College of Applied Arts and Technology or Institute of Technology outside of Ontario, please follow the requirements listed below.
- If you are currently attending or have attended a Canadian Junior College or university transfer program at a college in Alberta or British Columbia, please follow the university transfer guidelines.
Transfer Credit Eligibility
All students offered admission from a College of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT) or Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (ITAL) will have their applications assessed for transfer credit as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Have completed, or be in the final year of, a two-year or three-year diploma program at a CAAT or ITAL;
- Met the CAAT and ITAL admissions requirements;
- Presented a minimum final grade of 60% on each course to be considered for credit;
- Courses must be recognized as covering an acceptable amount of subject matter and meet the academic standards of Western.
- Fanshawe College only - Have completed a pre-approved 7000-level Western course(s) as part of their General Arts and Science Certificate or Diploma program.
- Credits granted may be either generic/non-specific credits or exact equivalency credits.
- Some transfer credits granted may not fit into a degree dependent on the program of choice. New students should make an appointment with an Academic Counsellor for program planning.
- Students must meet the residency requirement to complete a minimum of 10.0 credits at Western (the equivalent of two years of full-time study) to be eligible to receive a degree from Western.
- The maximum number of transfer credits available to college applicants is 5.0 credits or a full first year.
- CAAT and ITAL programs that have defined Articulation Agreements may provide more transfer credit. Please see the Agreement for details.
Articulation Agreements/PathwaysPlease visit the ONTransfer website for more detailed descriptions, admission eligibility and program requirements for Western's articulation agreements. If the details of the agreements do not appear on the ONTransfer website, it could mean that the agreement is under review or being prepared for renewal. Please email the Admissions Office for information.
Western has articulation agreements with the following Fanshawe programs:
- Broadcasting - Radio
- Broadcast - Journalism
- Broadcasting - Television and Film Production
- Business - Accounting
- Business - Finance (to Western Financial Economics Major)
- Business - Finance (to Western Economics Major)
- Chemical Laboratory Technology - Science Laboratory
- Child and Youth Care
- Computer Programmer Analyst
- Developmental Services Worker
- Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Technology
- Food and Nutrition Management
- General Arts and Science (Certificate and Diploma)
- Interactive Media Design
- Police Foundations
- Social Service Worker
- Theatre Arts
Western has articulation agreements with Lambton in the following areas:
- Liberal Studies
- Police Foundations